At MACARONESIAN HOTELS & RESORTS the health and safety of our staff and customers is our priority.
We have therefore implemented hygienic-sanitary measures and protocols to allow us carry out our activity with all the guarantees and peace of mind for everyone. All these measures are subject to changes due to amendments in local regulation and depending on the progress in the knowledge on the virus, in order to adapt to the new reality.
– The laundry bag is provided on request.
– The bar and restaurant menus are provided by means of a QR code, however physical
menus are also available which are duly sanitized after each use.
– Whenever possible no cash payments are allowed at the bars and restaurants, encouraging payment with credit card or room charges. At the reception payment with credit card is preferred.
CLEANING AND DISINFECTION
– Increase in the frequency of disinfection in public areas, emphasizing on communal-use items like toilets, lifts, handrails, door handles…
– Natural ventilation protocols are reinforced.
– Complete disinfection of rooms is carried out on a daily basis, emphasizing on items of major handling like telephone, TV remote control, door handles, bathroom fittings… There is an exclusive set of cleaning material per
– Cleaning and disinfection of check-out rooms is carried out with hospital cleaning products.
– Public toilets and lifts are disinfected several times a day.
– Both the external laundry and our own guarantee the washing as per hospital standards.
– We have re-designed our communal areas and furniture distribution to allow maximum distance between customers.
– Sanitizing gel stations are provided at all key points.
– Hygiene measures have been implemented at the buffet service to minimize risk of virus transmission, promoting
whenever possible individual portions and one-dose formats.
– A sunbed disinfection routine has been implemented
– Smoking is not permitted in the whole complex with the exception of the balcony/terrace.
– The Health & Safety Committee has been duly adapted to the new circumstances.
– Our staff has been trained in the prevention and correct handling of the anti-covid19 protocols and is continuously
updated as per the evolution of the sanitary reality.
– Our staff is provided with the necessary personal protection equipment for a safe performance of their duties.
– We have increased the frequency in the disinfection of communal areas with a great emphasize on communal-use
elements like changing rooms, toilets, door handles, machines… Toilets and changing rooms are disinfected at least 6
times daily with a demonstrable virucide ability.
– Natural ventilation protocols have been reinforced wherever possible.
– Cleaning and disinfection of service areas is carried out thoroughly.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
In some complexes we have been forced to suppress some services which are incompatible with covid-19 protocols.
On the basis of local regulations and knowledge acquired on the virus there may be amendments, reductions or
additions to this list.
HOW YOU CAN HELP US
– We recommend to wear face mask in crowded areas, especially when indoors.
– Keep the security distance of 1,5 metres whenever possible.
– Wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
– When coughing or sneezing cover your mouth or nose with your elbow.
– Avoid crowds and respect queues.
– Do not smoke within the whole complex (except on your balcony/terrace).
– Let us know with the relevant sign when you are absent from your room to allow its cleaning.
– Avoid whenever possible the use of lifts. If you must use it respect the maximum capacity of 1 person (or same