At MACARONESIAN HOTELS & RESORTS the health and safety of our staff and customers is our priority.
We have therefore implemented hygienic-sanitary measures and protocols to allow us carry out our activity with all the guarantees and peace of mind for everyone. All these measures are subject to changes due to amendments in local regulation and depending on the progress in the knowledge on the virus, in order to adapt to the new reality.
– We have suppressed stationery in the room, only the essential information is handed out at check-in in a personalized manner and duly disinfected.
– The laundry bag is provided on request.
– The bar and restaurant menus are provided by means of a QR code, however some physical menus are available which are duly sanitized after each use.
– There is clear and updated signage to inform about new rules.
– Whenever possible no cash payments are allowed at the bars and restaurants, encouraging payment with credit card or room charges. At the reception payment with credit card is preferred.
CLEANING AND DISINFECTION
– Increase in the frequency of disinfection in public areas, emphasizing on communal-use items like toilets, lifts, handrails, door handles…
– Natural ventilation protocols are reinforced.
– Complete disinfection of rooms is carried out on a daily basis (or on the days of cleaning in case of apartments), always in the absence of the customer, emphasizing on items of major handling like telephone, TV remote control, door handles, bathroom fittings… There is an exclusive set of cleaning material per room.
– When extra blankets and pillows are provided in the wardrobe they are properly sealed in a plastic cover.
– Cleaning and disinfection of check-out rooms is carried out with hospital cleaning products.
– Decoration and textile which are difficult to sanitize are removed (plaids, cushions, etc.)
– Public toilets and lifts are disinfected at least 6 times a day.
– Both the external laundry and our own guarantee the washing as per hospital standards
– We have re-designed our communal areas and furniture distribution to respect maximum capacity allowed and security distance between customers.
– We have adapted some timetables to optimize the customer experience.
– Sanitizing gel stations are provided at all key points.
– Hygiene, capacity and distance control measures have been implemented at the buffet service to minimize risk of virus transmission, promoting whenever possible individual portions and one-dose formats. Communal-use items are removed (oil and vinegar sets, ketchup bottles, etc.)
– It is required to wait for your turn at the restaurant entrance so that our staff may seat you once the table is free and disinfected.
– Sunbeds have been redistributed at the solarium to guarantee the maximum capacity allowed and social distancing as per the existing and a disinfection routine has been implemented.
– The spa (where available) operates with previous reservation for a correct capacity control with a reinforced cleaning and disinfection procedure. The beauty and wellness offer is duly adapted.
– At the gym (where available) previous reservation is required along with the relevant hygiene and social distancing measures.
– The leisure and entertainment programs (where available) have been adapted to the security, hygiene and distancing rules.
– Smoking is not permitted in the whole complex with the exception of the balcony/terrace (as far as a 2-meter distance from any other person on another balcony/terrace can be guaranteed).
– There may be restrictions in the use of game tables (billiard, table-tennis, etc.)
– The Health & Safety Committee has been duly adapted to the new circumstances.
– Our staff has been trained in the prevention and correct handling of the anti-covid19 protocols and is continuously updated as per the evolution of the sanitary reality.
– Our staff is provided with the necessary personal protection equipment for a safe performance of their duties.
– We have increased the frequency in the disinfection of communal areas with a great emphasize on communal-use elements like changing rooms, toilets, door handles, machines… Toilets and changing rooms are disinfected at least 6 times daily with a demonstrable virucide ability.
– Natural ventilation protocols have been reinforced wherever possible.
– Cleaning and disinfection of service areas is carried out thoroughly.
SERVICES AND FACILITIES TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
In some complexes we have been forced to suppress some services which are incompatible with covid-19 protocols. On the basis of local regulations and knowledge acquired on the virus there may be amendments, reductions or additions to this list.
HOW YOU CAN HELP US
– Use face mask at all times while in public areas, except once seated while consuming at your bar/restaurant table, or while on your sunbed around the pool.
– Keep the security distance of 1,5 metres at all times.
– Wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
– When coughing or sneezing cover your mouth or nose with your elbow.
– Avoid crowds and respect queues.
– Do not smoke within the whole complex (except on your balcony/terrace).
– Let us know with the relevant sign when you are absent from your room to allow its cleaning.
– Follow the direction flows as per the hotel signage.
– Avoid whenever possible the use of lifts. If you must use it respect the maximum capacity of 1 person (or same household).